Euro 2020: Czech Republic vs Denmark Preview
Czech Republic will face Denmark in the quarter-finals in Baku evening, with Denmark boss Kasper Hjulmand describing it as “an opportunity we might never have again”. The winners of this match in Baku will go onto face either England or Ukraine in the semi-finals. Denmark come into the game having scored eight goals in their last two matches, a 4-1 win over Russia and a 4-0 win over Wales. As for Czech Republic, they got an impressive and unexpected 2-0 win over Holland in the last 16.
Czech Republic manager Jaroslav Silhavy hailed Denmark’s remarkable team spirit, saying that Christian Eriksen’s cardiac arrest in their first match match against Finland galvanized them further.
Danish striker Yussuf Poulsen is available again after recovering from an injury, however his replacement Dolberg scored twice in their 4-0 win over Wales. Midfielder Thomas Delaney and defender Simon Kjaer did not take part in training on Wednesday but are both expected to be fit for selection
As for Czech Republic, their captain Vladimir Darida has recovered from a leg injury and should be available for selection.
Czech Republic predicted XI: Vaclik; Coufal, Celustka, Kalas, Boril; Holes, Soucek; Masopust, Barak, Sevcik; Schick
Denmark predicted XI: Schmeichel; Christensen, Kjaer, Vestergaard; Wass, Hojbjerg, Delaney, Maehle; Braithwaite, Dolberg, Damsgaard
— Czech Football National Team (@ceskarepre_eng) July 3, 2021
- The two nations have met twice in a European Championship, with the Czechs winning both games.
- Out of their last six meetings, five of their matches have ended in draws.
- This is Czech Republic’s fourth European Championship quarter-final. They have progressed to the semi-finals twice in their last three.
- In 30 appearances for his country, forward Patrik Schick has scored 15 times. He has also scored four goals in as many games at Euro 2020.
- Denmark became the first team to score four or more goals in back to back games at a European Championship. They have scored nine goals so far in the tournament, only scoring more in the 1986 World Cup, where they scored ten.
- Denmark have failed to get passed the quarter-finals in their last two attempts at major tournaments, losing to Brazil at the 1998 World Cup, and a 3-0 defeat to Czech Republic at Euro 2004.
🇩🇰 Denmark are unbeaten in their last 6 matches against Czech Republic 🔥
— UEFA EURO 2020 (@EURO2020) July 3, 2021
We hope you enjoyed the article ‘Euro 2020: Czech Republic vs Denmark Preview.’ What are your predictions for the match? Let us know!
Read more on football here:
The Best of Wrestlemania: which rank as the best of all time?
A Breakdown on the Greatest Cricket Rivalry: The Ashes
How to break stereotypes: Trans in sport and personal life of athletes
Is Esports part of the Tokyo 2021 Olympics?
Premier League Season Preview 2021/22
Is Lando Norris the Most Consistent Driver in F1?
Michael Johnson – Gone in 20 Seconds
Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson – WWE Legend
News9 months ago
The Best Male Tennis Players of All Time
Football1 year ago
Players with the most Goals in A Premier League Season
Football9 months ago
10 of the most underrated footballers in the world right now
Football12 months ago
Chelsea’s Possible Lineup For Next Season
Football1 year ago
Who is the Fastest Football Player in the World?
Basketball8 months ago
The 5 Biggest NBA trades so far this off-season
News1 year ago
The Fastest Rugby Players Ever
Football11 months ago
Spurs’ 2020-21 Potential Starting XI