Euro 2020: Belgium vs Italy Preview
Belgium got past defending champions Portugal in their last match to set up a quarter-final tie against the unbeaten and feared Italians at the Allianz Arena in Munich tonight at 8pm live on BBC One.
Belgium have fitness concerns over key duo Kevin De Bruyne and Eden Hazard as the pair came off injured in their last 16 match. As for Italy, full-back Florenzi and center-back Chiellini are both expected to be in contention after recovering from a calf and muscle strain respectively.
With France now out of the competition the winner of this match will most likely be considered favorites to make the final, with both teams winning all of their matches so far.
Belgium have scored eight goals so far in the tournament and have only conceded one goal. As for Italy, they have scored nine goals and conceded two.
Belgium predicted XI: Courtois; Alderweireld, Vermaelen, Vertonghen; T. Hazard, Witsel, Tielemans, Meunier; Mertens, Lukaku, Carrasco
Italy predicted XI: Donnarumma; Di Lorenzo, Bonucci, Chiellini, Spinazzola; Barella, Jorginho, Verratti; Chiesa, Immobile, Insigne
Kevin De Bruyne and Eden Hazard are OUT of Belgium's quarterfinal against Italy—but manager Roberto Martinez says both could return if Belgium progress 🇧🇪 pic.twitter.com/6makcrofQr
— B/R Football (@brfootball) June 28, 2021
- This will be the fifth time these two nations have met at a major tournament, but the first time in the knockout stages.
- The Belgians have failed to win in their last four matches against Italy at major tournaments, losing three and drawing one.
- Belgium were knocked out in the quarter-finals in the last European Championship, losing 3-1 to Wales
- In their last 13 matches, Belgium have scored 32 goals and conceded eight.
- They have also lost only one match out of their last 27 games, winning 23 and drawing 3.
- This is the fourth European Championship in a row where Italy have reached the quarter-finals
- There three most recent quarter-final appearances have all been decided through a penalty shootout.
- Italy are on a current 12 game winning streak, in which they have scored 34 goals and conceded only one.
🇮🇹 Italy getting ready in Munich 💪
— UEFA EURO 2020 (@EURO2020) July 1, 2021
We hope you enjoyed the article ‘Euro 2020: Belgium vs Italy Preview.’ What are your predictions for the match? Let us know!
Read more on football here:
The Best of Wrestlemania: which rank as the best of all time?
A Breakdown on the Greatest Cricket Rivalry: The Ashes
How to break stereotypes: Trans in sport and personal life of athletes
Is Esports part of the Tokyo 2021 Olympics?
Premier League Season Preview 2021/22
Is Lando Norris the Most Consistent Driver in F1?
Michael Johnson – Gone in 20 Seconds
Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson – WWE Legend
News9 months ago
The Best Male Tennis Players of All Time
Football1 year ago
Players with the most Goals in A Premier League Season
Football9 months ago
10 of the most underrated footballers in the world right now
Football12 months ago
Chelsea’s Possible Lineup For Next Season
Football1 year ago
Who is the Fastest Football Player in the World?
Basketball8 months ago
The 5 Biggest NBA trades so far this off-season
News1 year ago
The Fastest Rugby Players Ever
Football11 months ago
Spurs’ 2020-21 Potential Starting XI