Euro 2020: Croatia vs Spain Preview
World Cup runners-up Croatia will be looking to reach the last eight of the European Championships for the third time, as they face three-time European champions Spain in Copenhagen’s Parken Stadium at 5pm this evening live on ITV. Spain have failed to reach the quarter-finals in their last three major tournaments. Croatia will be hoping to replicate their last match against Spain where they came out 3-2 winners in November 2018.
Both teams finished finished second in their group, Croatia racking up four points, with their only loss coming to England. While Spain are unbeaten in the tournament so far, recording a 5-0 win over Slovakia. The winner will face either France or Switzerland in the quarter-final in St Petersburg in four days time.
Croatia predicted XI: Livakovic; Vrsaljko, Lovren, Vida, Gvardiol; Modric, Brozovic, Kovacic; Vlasic, Petkovic, Rebic
Spain predicted XI: Simon; Azpilicueta, Laporte, Torres, Alba; Pedri, Busquets, Koke; Sarabia, Morata, G Moreno
Croatia forward Ivan Perisic has tested positive for coronavirus ahead of Monday's #Euro2020 last-16 tie against Spain.
— Sky Sports News (@SkySportsNews) June 27, 2021
- This will be the third time Croatia and Spain have met at a major tournament. The previous meetings came in the the last two European Championships, with both nations winning one each.
- Croatia’s heaviest ever defeat came against Spain in September 2018, when the Spaniards won 6-0.
- Out of their last 10 matches at major tournaments, Croatia have only failed to score in one of them, while scoring 18.
- Out of the their six European Championship tournaments, Croatia have qualified for the knockout stages four times.
- At their last three European Championships, Croatia have failed to get past the last 16 stage.
- Spain won three major tournaments consecutively (Euro 2008, 2010 World Cup, Euro 2012). However since then, they have been eliminated from both of their last two major tournaments at the last 16 stage.
- All six of Spain’s goals so far this tournament have all come from different players. The highest scoring team where no player has more than one goal.
— WhoScored.com (@WhoScored) June 28, 2021
We hope you enjoyed the article ‘Euro 2020: Croatia vs Spain Preview.’ What are your predictions for the game? Let us know!
Read more on football here:
The Best of Wrestlemania: which rank as the best of all time?
A Breakdown on the Greatest Cricket Rivalry: The Ashes
How to break stereotypes: Trans in sport and personal life of athletes
Is Esports part of the Tokyo 2021 Olympics?
Premier League Season Preview 2021/22
Is Lando Norris the Most Consistent Driver in F1?
Michael Johnson – Gone in 20 Seconds
Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson – WWE Legend
News9 months ago
The Best Male Tennis Players of All Time
Football1 year ago
Players with the most Goals in A Premier League Season
Football9 months ago
10 of the most underrated footballers in the world right now
Football12 months ago
Chelsea’s Possible Lineup For Next Season
Football1 year ago
Who is the Fastest Football Player in the World?
Basketball8 months ago
The 5 Biggest NBA trades so far this off-season
News1 year ago
The Fastest Rugby Players Ever
Football11 months ago
Spurs’ 2020-21 Potential Starting XI