Euro 2020: Portugal vs France Preview
Portugal will aim to progress through to the knockout stages and defend their European Champions title against the current World Cup Champions and Group F leaders France tonight at 8pm at the Puskas Arena in Hungary.
Portuguese youngsters Joao Felix and Nuno Mendes who are yet to feature at the tournament are doubts for this match as they continue their recovery from muscular injuries. Man City Defender Ruben Dias will miss the next match if he receives a booking.
French attacker Ousmane Dembele has been ruled out of the tournament after picking up a knee injury in the game against Hungary. Where as Lucas Hernandez is expected to be available after a small knock.
Portugal predicted XI: Patricio; Semedo, Dias, Pepe, Guerreiro; Pereira, Sanches, Fernandes; B.Silva, Ronaldo, Jota
France predicted XI: Lloris; Kounde, Varane, Kimpembe, Hernandez; Kante, Pogba, Tolisso; Griezmann; Mbappe, Benzema
Big Match Day: Portugal vs France
Portugal need a win or draw to secure qualification.
In case of a loss, they need to make sure its not more than 2-0 pic.twitter.com/rNlNkqnbTC
— CR7 Rap Rhymes (@cr7raprhymes) June 23, 2021
- In the last 4 fixtures between these two nations, there has only been 3 goals.
- Portugal’s win over France in the 2016 European Championships was their only win in 13 games against France. Losing the other eleven and drawing one.
- Portugal’s defeat to Germany last week was just their third loss in their last 31 games. (W19, D9)
- It was also the first time a the reigning European Champions to concede four goals at the next tournament.
- Cristiano Ronaldo only needs one more goal in order to become the outright European top goal scorer at major tournaments. He is currently on 19 goals, equalling Germany forward Miroslav Klose.
- France are unbeaten in their last 9 games at major tournaments.
- They have drawn their last group match at their past three major tournaments.
- Attacker Antoine Griezmann has now scored seven goals at the Euros. Only two players have more. (Platini 9, Ronaldo 11)
— French Team ⭐⭐ (@FrenchTeam) June 23, 2021
We hope you enjoyed the article ‘Euro 2020: Portugal vs France Preview.’ What are your predictions for the match? Let us know!
Read more on football here:
The Best of Wrestlemania: which rank as the best of all time?
A Breakdown on the Greatest Cricket Rivalry: The Ashes
How to break stereotypes: Trans in sport and personal life of athletes
Is Esports part of the Tokyo 2021 Olympics?
Premier League Season Preview 2021/22
Is Lando Norris the Most Consistent Driver in F1?
Michael Johnson – Gone in 20 Seconds
Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson – WWE Legend
News9 months ago
The Best Male Tennis Players of All Time
Football1 year ago
Players with the most Goals in A Premier League Season
Football9 months ago
10 of the most underrated footballers in the world right now
Football12 months ago
Chelsea’s Possible Lineup For Next Season
Football1 year ago
Who is the Fastest Football Player in the World?
Basketball8 months ago
The 5 Biggest NBA trades so far this off-season
News1 year ago
The Fastest Rugby Players Ever
Football11 months ago
Spurs’ 2020-21 Potential Starting XI